Jackpot personalisation: the next layer of innovation

Stian Enger Pettersen, head of casino at EveryMatrix, shares his top four strategies to drive differentiation using jackpot gamification, through which casino operators can both attract new players and significantly enhance player retention and loyalty.

In today’s consumer landscape, personalisation and gamification have gained prominence as key drivers of engagement and retention. Igaming brands need to understand the unique needs and expectations of their customers to stay relevant.

According to Euromonitor’s Global Consumer Trends 2023 report, gamification is one of the top 10 trends shaping the way we play and consume content. Compelling statistics further reinforce the importance of personalisation:

  • 73% of consumers expect brands to understand their unique needs and expectations (Shopify)
  • 71% of consumers anticipate personalised interactions from the brands they engage with (McKinsey & Company)
  • Brands implementing personalisation experience 40% faster growth compared to their counterparts (McKinsey & Company)

As we celebrate our 15th anniversary at EveryMatrix, we wanted to take this opportunity to share our insights with operators into successful strategies that leverage advanced gamification tools to differentiate your brand in this highly competitive sector.

Our new JackpotEngine solution, configurable jackpot technology capable of integrating with any game across any provider, exemplifies our commitment to driving differentiation using gamification.

Personal jackpots

Personal jackpots have never been seen before but are coming very soon. They surpass the boundaries of conventional jackpot offerings, creating a tailored experience for individual players, nurturing a stronger connection between them and your brand.

They do this by delving into the unique styles of each player, adapting to their preferences, budgets, betting levels and playing styles, and offering the chance to claim a jackpot created just for you.

Personal jackpots’ pools grow the more you play and, most importantly, only that specific individual player can win it, taking jackpot stickiness and player loyalty to the next level.

Community jackpots

While participating in a jackpot can be a thrilling adventure, someone else snatching the ultimate reward from under your nose can be extremely frustrating.

Community jackpots eliminate this disappointment by offering other participants a chance to receive their share of each prize and are fully configurable by operators per each jackpot created. For instance, imagine if an operator chooses to designate 60% of a jackpot to the winner; the remaining 40% can then be shared among other participants such as the last 200 to have entered the jackpot, adding yet another layer of excitement and opportunity to the game.

Company-level jackpots

Company-level jackpots are the ideal solution for players enticed by big wins. These jackpots can generate significant rewards for players while effectively managing costs and aiding companies operating multiple brands to set themselves apart.

To gain a clearer understanding of how company-level jackpots operate, imagine an operator with 10 distinct brands. In this case, players from all 10 domains contribute to the jackpot’s size, attracting a broader audience while also distributing the value among each brand. This type of jackpot has the potential to reach high levels, captivating players who revel in the excitement of huge cash prizes.

Time-limited jackpots

These jackpots infuse the gaming experience with a captivating sense of anticipation. Set to be released within specific timeframes, whether hours, days or weeks, time-limited jackpots enhance player engagement as the deadline draws near and serve as a powerful way of crafting unforgettable experiences for your players.

In an industry where constant innovation and differentiation are paramount, advanced gamification tools have become essential for success. Personalisation and gamification have emerged as the driving forces behind engagement and retention, allowing brands to meet consumers’ expectations and surpass their competitors.

With 15 years of experience, we are at the forefront of driving differentiation through jackpot gamification. By implementing personalised experiences, operators can position themselves for success in the competitive casino industry. Embrace advanced gamification, unlock the transformative potential and differentiate your brand for long-term success.

The original version of this interview was published by EGR Global.

Read all the articles in our series on Jackpot Gamification here.

Ready to Start a Conversation?

The key for us as a true B2B iGaming software provider is to help gaming operators implement bold ideas and unleash unlimited creativity.

Everything is possible.
Contact us