Senior Java Developer
We are looking for a Back-End developer to join the Sports Engine team.
The Sports Engine is the beating heart of the whole OddsMatrix system: all the betting odds transactions are flowing through the Sports Engine. It is composed of several distributed modules which support three main functions: data collection, data processing, data publication.
Sports Engine has soft real time constraints: end to end time for each transaction must be less than 1 second.
Sports Engine has availability constraints: high availability is a must and we are striving for up-time measured in months. If the Sports Engine is down, all the other components of the OddsMatrix system become unusable.
Sports Engine is an evolving system: We must keep the pace with an ever-increasing number of betting odds. In the last couple of years, the number of odds doubled, and we are preparing for a similar increase in the future. Related, on peaks, we reach several thousand transactions per second.
On this job, you will:
- Think of and write technical specifications.
- Contribute to the design and the implementation of new modules.
- Add features to the existing modules.
- Tune the applications when they do not abide by the real time constraints.
- Add unit and functional tests wherever you feel they are needed.
- Run refactoring sessions when needed. (not everything is perfect).
- Work closely with your colleagues (many times in pair programming).
- Code review your colleagues work.
- Enhance your technical and team working skills.
- Automatize deployment processes.
We are searching for people:
- Passionate about developing software and in love with unit and functional testing.
- Committed to high level of quality.
- Pro-active and pragmatic.
- Three years or more professional experience as a Java SE software developer.
- Strong experience and knowledge of object oriented software design.
- Strong experience with multi-threaded environments.
- Experience with JUnit/ TestNG.
- Experience with JDBC, SQL/ MySQL.
- Experience with high scalable software and high performing components is a plus.
- Experience with Spring Boot is a plus.
- Experience with Apache Kafka is a plus.
- Performance Tuning & Optimization (profilers, garbage collection tuning) is a plus.
- Experience with Maven, Jenkins, Gitlab, Ansible is a plus.
- Foreign languages: fluent in English.
- Headquarters in the heart of the city, at Unirii Square.
- Internal & external training.
- Health and well-being in house programs.
- Daily catered lunch (classic & raw-vegan).
- Relocation bonus & accommodation support.
- Private healthcare and dental care discounts.
- We hold team-building activities and office parties throughout the year.
- We have massage at work.
- An ever-growing library (online & offline).
- Flexible schedule.
- A fun entertainment corner.
- Extra vacation days with every year inside the company.
- Our very own gym.
HR team will never use any personal information it receives from you for any purpose beyond recruitment, employment or reference checks, and strongly believes in the importance of keeping the personal information private.
Apply for this job now!