Senior Java Developer
You will be part of the OddsMatrix 2 team, a newly built sports betting platform. Our platform has real-time requirements, with tens of millions of transactions processed every day. You will be working full stack, covering areas like new features (developed end-to-end, from backend to front-end), scalability and performance optimization, architecture, and, of course, deployment and live incident response. Since the platform is fully owned by our teams in Bucharest, Lviv, Vietnam and China, everything is possible.
- Design and implement the functionalities of the application according to business requirements and technical architecture;
- Coordinate with a cross-functional team, distributed in various locations;
- Help maintain the current application while the new features are being built;
- Tune the application when it does not abide by the real-time constraints;
- Add unit and functional tests;
- Run refactoring sessions when needed (not everything is perfect);
- Work closely with your colleagues (we value pair programming and code reviews).
- Understanding of service-oriented architecture;
- Strong experience and knowledge of object oriented software design;
- Experience with real-time systems and streaming data;
- Experience with multi-threaded and distributed applications;
- Experience with high scalable software and high performing components;
- Experience with SQL;
- Experience in leading technical teams is a plus;
- Fluency in both spoken and written English;
Nice to have:
- Know–how in developing API’s;
- Experience with Maven, Jenkins and GIT;
- Experience with Kafka and/or RabbitMQ;
- Experience with VoltDB .
- Ownership, willingness to work end-to-end to a feature to have it live in production;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Ability to technically coordinate a small, distributed team of developers.
- Attention to details;
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving;
- Devops mind-set;
- Passion for numbers and monitoring.
- Headquarters in the heart of the city, at Unirii Square.
- Internal & external training.
- Health and well-being in house programs.
- Daily catered lunch (classic & raw-vegan).
- Relocation bonus & accommodation support.
- Private healthcare and dental care discounts.
- We hold team-building activities and office parties throughout the year.
- We have massage at work.
- An ever-growing library (online & offline).
- Flexible schedule.
- A fun entertainment corner.
- Extra vacation days with every year inside the company.
- Our very own gym.