Position Title: Chief Executive Officer – OddsMatrix
Reports to: EveryMatrix CEO
Reporting to this position: OddsMatrix CTO, Sportsbook Product Manager, Trading Director, Head of Quants, Commercial Director
Are you deep into the online betting business? Does the idea of taking charge of one of the online betting industry’s fastest growing companies excite you? Do you love product development as much as growing revenues? How about working out of an awesome central Bucharest office, filled with amazing colleagues who love a fast-paced ‘work hard, play hard’ environment?
If the answer is yes, then look no further as this could just be the job you’ve been looking for!
If you take on our challenge, you will be leading one of the most promising – and profitable – Business Units in EveryMatrix.
What is OddsMatrix? OddsMatrix Sportsbook is an award-winning cost-effective software solution representing the best value possible for operators looking for a complete online sports betting package. We see a fully managed Sportsbook, including front end, integrated to the platform of our client or as part of an EveryMatrix turnkey delivery, and with Trading Management, including odds and risk management. We also provide a world leading odds feed product, both with our own high margin odds feed and a wide selection of international bookmaker odds for improved trading.
OddsMatrix is in the process of going from a mainly European pure online offering to becoming able to target other continents, not least with growing US market in mind, while simultaneously entering the retail space with a true omni channel product, including both self-service terminals and cashier based betting shops.
No matter country or medium, the overall objective of OddsMatrix is to deliver world class user experience for our players. This will be achieved jointly by the development and operational teams in the Bucharest and Lviv offices.
Our future OddsMatrix CEO will be responsible for the progress and performance, from a technical perspective but also with regards to market position and financial growth, of the entire OddsMatrix Business Unit. There is a high degree of autonomy within the EveryMatrix group and in particular there’s a separate commercial team, including sales and account management and support, all dedicated purely to sports. There is a substantial marketing budget to go with it – and near 100 dedicated staff working alongside you in the sports division.
We know that we have a great product – and the agility to address market needs where opportunities appear. We need our OddsMatrix CEO to be commercially driven and grab the market share that the product quality justifies.
• Complete responsibility over for developing and growing the product revenues;
• Responsible for all decisions related to the product beyond product development, through its entire lifecycle;
• Managing personnel within the division (organizing internal team structures and coordinating with subordinate team leaders and HR in assuring optimal staffing);
• Responsible for budgeting;
• Building on the existing strategy and the vision of OddsMatrix;
• Implementing the strategic plan that guides the direction of the product development;
• Maintaining awareness of the competitive landscape as well as opportunities for expansion, new markets;
• Follow up with company policies and make sure they are correctly implemented within the team;
• Ensure team growth and motivation.
• Makes high-level decisions about the policy and strategy;
• Keeps the Board of Directors informed about policy issues;
• Provides executive leadership across the department;
• Sets business goals and roadmap;
• Evaluates the success of the product / department;
• Develops and implements operational policies;
• Acts as the primary spokesperson for OddsMatrix;
• Is responsible for client portfolio development objectives, results and budgets;
• Maps market opportunities;
• Where necessary, challenges current performance levels;
• Solidifies OddsMatrix’s position in the marketplace.
• 5 years’ experience on similar role or as a Commercial Director or Head of Product within the iBetting industry, ideally with experience both from B2B delivery of sports content and B2C managing of online betting business;
• Excellent understanding of betting software;
• Proven ability to develop and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management;
• Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies;
• Profit and loss, balance sheet knowledge;
• Knowledge of both theoretical and practical aspects of project management;
• Solid people management experience;
• Ability to get up to speed quickly on new issues and to make sound judgments on them;
• Having a can-do, problem-solving attitude;
• Strong influencing skills;
• Ability to inspire confidence and create trust;
• Ability to plan own workload effectively and to delegate;
• Sociable personality;
• Ability to work under pressure;
• Problem solving skills;
Headquarters in the heart of the city, at Unirii Square.
Internal & external training.
Health and well-being in house programs.
Daily catered lunch.
Private healthcare and dental care discounts.
We hold team-building activities and office parties throughout the year.
We have an ever-growing library (online & offline).
A fun entertainment corner.
Extra vacation days with every year inside the company.
Our very own gym.
Looking for a new challenge? Want to become the best in your field?
We collect the data you provide us with by submitting this form (your name, e-mail address, telephone number, Skype id) and further documentation that you may be asked to provide during the recruitment process. This information is necessary to carry out the recruitment process in order to take steps to possibly enter into a contract.
The information you submit will not be transmitted to any third party outside our group of companies and will be securely stored for up to 5 years in order to contact you for future job opportunities. If, however, you wish for us to remove your data from our database, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org