Ho Chi Minh, 2018-01-29
This position serves as Technical Team Leader for our GamMatrix Vietnam technical team and, in partnership with the management, is responsible for the technical coordination of this team.
The project will focus on developing a content management software for gaming all over the world. It’s a great opportunity to work in a tech-driven company, full of interesting and challenging projects, in a relaxed and friendly environment.
- Maintain & implement new feature for a NodeJS backend on the content management team.
- Provide technical direction and vision for the projects;
- Follow up with company policies and making sure they are correctly implemented within the team;
- Build the team continuously;
- Request new team members to HR departments and attend to the hiring meetings;
- Perform the team members’ performance evaluations;
- Decide and follow up team members’ trainings;
- Ensure team growth and motivation;
- Resolve internal team conflicts and ensures team transparency;
- Ensure high work quality (performing thorough code checks before each deploy);
- Ensure team members follow correctly their responsibilities;
- Ensure team members are working on their assigned tasks (for technical tasks);
- Ensure timely and correct deployment procedure; ensure deployment is done according to company policies (before deploy for code and after deploy for testing);
- Decide on the architecture and technology stack;
- Delegate or in charge of maintaining relevant architectural documents;
- Help and guide team members with their tasks (code reviews, pair programming, testing, etc.);
- Help and guide the development team with sprint planning and estimates, and retrospective (if working on Scrum);
- Provide relevant technical/business information to product owner (ideas, suggestions, directions, mostly off topic);
- Assist the team by getting involved in development tasks (coding and maintenance);
- Deep technical knowledge in both the application as well as the infrastructure stack in areas such as data management, networking, storage, virtualization, servers, messaging, databases, web and application tiers
- Experience with microservices and service oriented architectures
- Good understanding of the requirements to architect, design and manage secure systems and data stores
- Ability to present technology strategy and vision within team members
- Experienced with Nodejs & backend development (especially with express framework)
- Have experience building web-app backend from ground up
- Understanding of internet protocols, file system, git
- Familiar with Linux OS and command-line
- Strong communicator
- Good problem solving skills
- Can communicate complex technical ideas in a straightforward way
Nice to have skills:
- Unit testing & API testing
- Docker, OpenStack experience is a plus
- You will be part of a young and pleasant work environment.
- Internal & external training.
- Flexible schedule.
- We hold team-building activities and office parties throughout the year.