Java Development Team Lead
You will be part of the OddsMatrix 2 team, a newly built sports betting platform, with lots of new and exciting features just waiting to be developed. Our platform has real-time requirements, with tens of millions of transactions processed every day.
Your team will be working full stack, covering new feature development, scalability and performance optimization, architecture, and, of course, deployment and live incident response. You will report to the CTO and enjoy a high degree of freedom in organizing your team. Passion for technology and a highly collaborative spirit are a must.
- People and team management;
- Coordination of a geographically distributed team;
- Organization for feature delivery, platform maintenance and support;
- Constant communication with the business owner and the CTO;
- Architecture evolution to meet the performance, testing, maintenance and ease of development criteria;
- Proven interest in code and technology, hands on approach.
- At least 3 years of experience managing a team with a successful track record;
- At least 3 years of experience developing Java-based web applications and distributed system;
- Very good understanding of service-oriented architecture;
- Strong experience and knowledge of object oriented software design;
- Experience with near real-time systems and streaming data;
- Experience with highly scalable software and high performing components;
- Experience managing in production software;
- Agile project management;
- Fluency in both spoken and written English;
- Willingness to travel.
Nice to have:
- Know–how in developing evolving API’s;
- Dev-ops experience;
- Experience setting up continuous integration pipelines;
- Experience with Kafka and/or RabbitMQ;
- Experience with VoltDB;
- Multicultural experience, leadership of a distributed team.
- Sense of ownership;
- Excellent communication;
- Attention to details;
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving;
- DevOps mind-set;
- Passion for numbers and monitoring.
- Headquarters in the heart of the city, at Unirii Square.
- Internal & external training.
- Health and well-being in house programs.
- Daily catered lunch (classic & raw-vegan).
- Relocation bonus & accommodation support.
- Private healthcare and dental care discounts.
- We hold team-building activities and office parties throughout the year.
- We have massage at work.
- An ever-growing library (online & offline).
- Flexible schedule.
- A fun entertainment corner.
- Extra vacation days with every year inside the company.
- Our very own gym.