Java Team Leader
You will be part of the OddsMatrix 2 team, a newly built sports betting platform, with lots of new and exciting features just waiting to be developed. Our platform has near real-time requirements, with tens of millions of transactions processed every day. You will be working full stack, covering areas like new features (developed end-to-end, from backend to front-end), scalabiltiy and performance optimisation, architecture, and, of course, deployment and live incident response. Since the platform is fully owned by our teams in Lviv, Bucharest, Vietnam and China, everything is possible.
- Think of and write technical specifications;
- Design and implement the functionalities of the application;
- Help maintain the current application while the new features are being built;
- Tune the application when it does not abide by the real time constraints;
- Add unit and functional tests wherever you feel they are needed;
- Run refactoring sessions when needed (not everything is perfect);
- Work closely with your colleagues (we value pair programming and code reviews).
- Strong experience and knowledge of object oriented software design;
- Strong experience with near real-time systems and streaming data;
- Experience with multi-threaded and distributed applications;
- Experience with high scalable software and high performing components;
- Experience with SQL;
- Fluency in both spoken and written English.
Nice to have skills:
- Know–how in developing API’s;
- Experience with Maven, Jenkins and GIT;
- Experience with Kafka and/or RabbitMQ;
- Experience with VoltDB .
- Ownership, willingness to work end-to-end to a feature to have it live in production;
- Excellent communication skill;
- Attention to details;
- Strong analytical skills for effective problem solving;
- Devops mind-set;
- Passion for numbers and monitoring.
- You will be part of a young and pleasant work environment.
- Internal & external training.
- Flexible schedule.
- We hold team-building activities and office parties throughout the year.