Head of Risk and Compliance
We are looking for an experienced Head of Risk and Compliance to ensure that MoneyMatrix meets statutory and regulatory standards in respect of risk, compliance and controls within the business.
This role will also serve as advisor to the CEO and Board of Directors regarding compliance, risk management and legislative matters which affect the business and its ongoing day to day operations.
The ideal candidate will be a certified Money Laundering Reporting Officer with people management skills. Experience of working within the online payment processing industry with knowledge of high risk merchant management.
MoneyMatrix Limited is a EU Financial Institution regulated by the Malta Financial Services Authority based in St. Julians, Malta.
Compliance Framework, Oversight and Deployment:
- Responsible for creating/revising internal policies and processes to assist the business in meeting its regulatory responsibilities
- Ensure the business can evidence compliance with applicable regulations
- Development, deployment and maintenance of the business’s risk policies and procedures
- Responsible for the business AML procedures
- Communicate any regulatory change to the business and resultant action
Technical Compliance Advice and Monitoring:
- Provide technical compliance advice to all areas of the business on all regulatory/KYC and AML matters
- Advise the business on policy and procedural matters
- Implement and oversee the training & competency framework
- Implement appropriate internal monitoring (procedural and advice based)
Risk Management Framework:
- Day to day management of the MoneyMatrix risk management framework
- Ensure MoneyMatrix has an appropriate and robust approach to risk management and its control environment
- A good understanding of controls and control environments, control appropriateness and effectiveness
- A good understanding of monitoring and control testing tools and techniques
- Ability to define control testing and monitoring objectives and plans and to execute control testing and monitoring as required
- Provide insight to senior management team through business reporting periodically
Stakeholder Relationship Management:
- Manage the day to day relationship with MoneyMatrix Internal Audit ensuring they have appropriate information and explanations about MoneyMatrix’s business compliance, risk and controls environment.
- Assist Internal Audit and the CEO in maintaining the MFSA and MFIU relationships
- Ensure relevant suppliers are managed appropriately (AML providers, online T&C’s etc)
- Team Management – To effectively manage the MoneyMatrix Risk and Compliance Team
- 3-5 years’ experience within risk and compliance inside e-commerce or payments;
- 3 years team management experience;
- Certified Money Laundering Reporting Officer
- Highly experienced in fraud prevention, detection and investigation techniques;
- Knowledge of international online payment methods and their associated risks;
- Previous Compliance monitoring experience
- Previous experience with merchant onboarding and due diligence programs
- Good understanding of MFSA financial regime
- Highly organised
- Stong desire for career growth
- Ability to persuade and challenge management and improve the company’s operating environment
- Ability to manage a team
- Proactive approach to all aspects of work
- Able to operate at senior level and command respect of senior stakeholders
- Positive and enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and managerial skills
- Professional and mature attitude
- Results oriented
- You will be part of a young and pleasant work environment.
- Internal & external training.
- Private healthcare and dental care discounts.
- Flexible schedule.
- Daily catered lunch (classic & raw-vegan).
- We hold team-building activities and office parties throughout the year.
HR team will never use any personal information it receives from you for any purpose beyond recruitment, employment or reference checks, and strongly believes in the importance of keeping the personal information private.
Apply for this job now!