Group Chief Technical Officer
EveryMatrix is a fast-growing B2B software company in the i-gaming space, particularly strong in solutions for casino, payments, sports. We have 400+ staff in 9 offices in Europe and Asia.
We are searching for an analytical and experienced technical operations executive to join our company in the role of Group CTO (Chief Technical Officer) as part of our Group Management team, reporting to Group CEO. Some travel is required. This position will be responsible in partnership with the management for the technical direction and leading of all technical operations aspects of the company’s product development across 5 different and largely independent business units / products, platform, payments, sportsbook, casino and affiliates.
The overall objective of the company is to deliver world class user experience, regardless of device, for players with clients of EveryMatrix. This will be achieved by providing leadership as well as operations support to business unit CTOs to supports the company’s culture, mission and values and ensure that all aspects of the technical services provided by EveryMatrix to its customers are reliable and of a high quality.
The Group CTO will work with the five business units in providing those products to over 100 customers located around the globe while based at our largest and main office in Bucharest. Together with the teams, this role will be responsible for driving improvements in service delivery through automation and delivery of infrastructure as a service, configuration management, monitoring and other DevOps principles, with a particular focus on delivering unbeatable service reliability. EveryMatrix has a hybrid infrastructure incorporating both Windows and Linux servers, employing dedicated datacentres and commercial cloud providers, and the Group CTO will own and deliver the strategy required to take this to an industry-leading level of uptime and cost-effective scalability.
The Group CTO currently has five direct references, covering the following areas: Infrastructure and Systems team, Incidents and Tech Support team, Tech Compliance, Security, Client Integrations, and Delivery Management, all teams that work across the Business Units and support them in their operations and development.
- Provide technical direction and jointly with Group Architect lead all aspects of the company’s technological development;
- Participate in management meetings, product demos;
- Work side by side with business leaders in developing the commercial strategies across EveryMatrix and its Business Units and to provide guidance into the use of new and innovative technologies that may improve their efficiency and effectiveness and can accelerate the growth of EveryMatrix;
- In particular the overriding objective of the Group CTO is to oversee Group and Business Unit efforts to ensure that all products function without downtime whatsoever;
- Provide leadership to Business Unit CTOs for supporting the company’s culture, mission and values; coach Business Units CTOs regarding people management, evaluation, task estimation etc.;
- Ensure that communication between all teams, technical and business, is fluid and transparent including resolving internal conflicts when they occur.
- Define, direct and maintain the information security environment by working with the companies’ Chief Information Security Officer and external suppliers in order to ensure industry best practices and the standards set forth by ISO and PCI;
- Candidates must be able to build a high focused team and demonstrate a passion for developing, training and retaining talent;
- Own many aspects of Service Delivery including availability, performance, change management, monitoring, emergency response and capacity planning to support the day to day operations of the EveryMatrix products;
- Oversee IT budgets and collaborate with the Financial team in order to avoid unnecessary expenditures;
- Oversee cross team coordination and resolve dependencies between the teams.
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Management;
- Management / Leadership Training, Organizational skills training;
- Nice to have: Project Management, Scrum Master courses;
- 10+ years’ experience in software development or information technology role;
- 5+ years’ experience in a technical management role inside the iGaming industry;
- English – advanced;
- Strategic thinker with strong analytical and decision-making abilities;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both internal and external, attention to detail and ability to communicate complicated issues clearly;
- An expert understanding of the iGaming industry including products, vendors and operators and the challenges each faces;
- Able to promote a culture of high performance and outstanding results where team members are empowered to perform to their best and take responsibility for their own work areas;
- High level of responsibility and ability to work unsupervised;
- High degree of resolve to navigate obstacles and solve problems;
- Able to work under tight deadlines with little direction or oversight, multi-task and be flexible to cope with changing priorities;
- Be forward thinking, inquisitive, anticipate business needs proactively, and manage accordingly to add value to the business;
- Experience managing both on-premises and commercial cloud infrastructure, and of evaluating and exploiting the advantages/disadvantages of each;
- Innovative and passionate about new technologies.
- Headquarters in the heart of the city, at Unirii Square.
- Internal & external training.
- Health and well-being in house programs.
- Daily catered lunch (classic & raw-vegan).
- Relocation bonus & accommodation support.
- Private healthcare and dental care discounts.
- We hold team-building activities and office parties throughout the year.
- We have massage at work.
- An ever-growing library (online & offline).
- Flexible schedule.
- A fun entertainment corner.
- Extra vacation days with every year inside the company.
- Our very own gym.
HR team will never use any personal information it receives from you for any purpose beyond recruitment, employment or reference checks, and strongly believes in the importance of keeping the personal information private.
Apply for this job now!