Got a head full of ideas?
We are looking for a skilled and passionate DevOps to join our GamMatrix department in Bucharest. The right candidate will play an important part of a team which handles a lot of interesting and challenging development projects for many different stakeholders.
What’s in it for you:
- Automating the management of Linux systems using tools like Ansible and Terraform;
- Managing and automating the infrastructure dependencies used by a high traffic / low latency web application (load balancers, data stores, event busses, etc);
- Implementing continuous integration / continuous delivery for a micro-services based application;
- Learning about how a high traffic / low latency application is designed, and what the supporting infrastructure for it looks like.
- Help the development teams with implementing CI/CD for the micro-services that are part of the GamMatrix product;
- Help implementing automation for the GM supporting infrastructure (reverse proxies, data stores, event busses);
- Consulting the development teams with their automation / infrastructure needs.
- Background in Computer Science;
- Basic understanding of the Linux operating system (know the difference between /usr/bin and /usr/local/bin);
- Basic understanding of networking and the OSI model;
- Basic programming skills (preferably Python).
Nice to haves:
- Proven experience in managing Linux systems preferably on a server environment;
- Good understanding of networking concepts (be able to configure iptables under a Linux system);
- Working programming knowledge (be able to write working scripts preferably in Bash/Python);
- Working experience with Continuous Integration tools like Jenkins/go.cd/travis ci (GitLab ci is a plus);
- Excellent understanding of git version control.
- Driven and motivated attitude;
- Analytical thinking (solution driven);
- Be able to work on own initiative and to provide pragmatic solutions against tight time-frames;
- Detail-oriented, organized, flexible;
- Ability to work in multicultural environment;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Independent and able to make decisions;
- Highly structured;
- Diplomatic skills while having the ability to put forward your ideas and take decisions;
- Ability to perform under pressure;
- Comfortable in a complex and changing business environment.
Perks and benefits:
- This is a paid 3 months internship (July-September)
- Headquarters in the heart of the city, at Unirii Square.
- Internal & external training.
- Health and well-being in house programs.
- Daily catered lunch (classic & raw-vegan).
- Relocation bonus & accommodation support.
- Private healthcare and dental care discounts.
- We hold team-building activities and office parties throughout the year.
- We have massage at work.
- An ever-growing library (online & offline).
- Flexible schedule.
- A fun entertainment corner.
- Extra vacation days with every year inside the company.
- Our very own gym.
HR team will never use any personal information it receives from you for any purpose beyond recruitment, employment or reference checks, and strongly believes in the importance of keeping the personal information private.
Apply for this job now!